Here are five reasons you absolutely HAVE to see this show:
5. It needed a passport to get to Elgin. LEO was created by Berlin-based production company Circle of Eleven and stars German acrobat/actor Tobias Wegner who also created the original idea for the show PLUS it’s directed by Montreal director/actor Daniel Briere.
4. It’s an international hit. LEO won the Best of Edinburgh Festival Fringe (the first ever Fringe Festival located in Edinburgh, Scotland) award in 2011, sold out at the Spoleto Festival in South Carolina, and received raves from Time Out New York, Broadway Baby, and The Village Voice.
3. It’s ONLY playing in Elgin. LEO is making it’s Chicago-area premiere right here in Elgin on October 26-27. The show leaves for Canada and then moves onto Australia right after our performances.
2. ECC Arts Center Director of Performing Arts, Steve Duchrow, saw this show in New York last January and immediately knew he had to bring to Elgin. He’s so sure of this show that Steve has said, and we quote: “If you don’t love this show; I’ll give you your money back.” He’s never made an offer like that before so we’re pretty sure you’ll love it.
1. This video. It does a much better job of describing the magic and joy of the show than we ever could. Click to enjoy! We hope to see you at LEO October 26-27.
LEO plays the Elgin Community College Arts Center Blizzard Theatre October 26 and October 27 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available by calling the ECC Arts Center box office at 847-622-0300 or by visiting elgin.edu/arts.